OPERATION: POPULATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» GLUTEN FREE RECIPES!
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:04 pm by Sahar

» What I eat - an average day
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am by Steph

» Who has a Vitamix? Who has a Keurig coffee machine?
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:30 pm by Shauna

» What are you cooking this week?
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm by Steph

» Holiday baking?
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 am by Amy

» Baked Brown Rice
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm by Steph

» 5 ingredients to have on hand to make a lot of things
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:53 am by Karen

» Meal Plan 12/5-12/11
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm by margo

» The basics of Grilling!!
What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 pm by Jilly

What I eat - an average day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steph

Steph

What I eat - an average day Empty
PostSubject: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:02 am

Hi everyone -

I thought I would post what I ate yesterday, to give an example of an average day for me. My goal is to eat around 1400 calories a day.

I recently watched the documentary Forks Over Knives, and it has changed how I'm eating. We eat less meat and animal products. I still use dairy and eggs, but I've cut back on both. We aren't vegetarian, but I guess we might be flexatarian? Smile If you have a chance to watch that documentary I would highly recommend it. It's not gross or shocking like Food Inc, it's more a presentation of research and real life experiences that makes you think.

So, here you go:
Breakfast: old fashioned oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds and 1/2 a large banana mixed in (Benjamin gets the other 1/2 banana). Coffee with skim milk.

Lunch: whole wheat tortilla with tuna, broccoli slaw and shredded carrots, greek yogurt. I also really like making tortilla wraps with hummus, broccoli slaw and shredded carrots.

Afternoon snack: one cup blueberries with one babybel light cheese

Dinner: sprouted rice and quinoa salad with dried cranberries, walnuts, coconut oil and a dash of orange champagne vinegar. (Made earlier in the day and served cold)
I also made stuffed peppers which were stuffed with sprouted rice and quinoa with sauteed mushrooms, onions and diced tomatoes. David and Ben ate those for dinner. They don't care for my cold quinoa salads. Smile

I use a sprouted rice and quinoa blend I buy in large bags at Costco. The brand name is Truroots, I think. It's very good in every way I've used it. You can add golden raisins and slivered almonds to make a side dish, use it as the base to a stir fry, stuff peppers, use it to make a cold rice salad type dish, etc.

Back to top Go down
margo

margo

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:49 pm

This is awesome Steph! I am impressed Very Happy How close are you to your goal weight? Is this something you always wanted to do?
Back to top Go down
Steph

Steph

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Margo - I plan to keep losing weight for now. I'm not sure how close I am to my goal weight - I'd say I want to lose at least 25 more pounds. I started gaining weight when I hit puberty - I've never been at my goal weight as an adult, so I'm in unknown territory now. Smile

I'm planning a big write up for all of you when I have the final ad to share Smile but yes, I've wanted to lose weight/eat healthier/be more active for a long time. I tried a lot of diets and I would lose some weight, but I would give up and gain the weight back. Those were always really restrictive diets (like Atkins, or the Beverly Hills diet, or insanely low fat diets) so they weren't anything anyone could maintain for a lifetime. Eating healthy real food feels maintainable to me, and my perspective has changed. I'm a lot more focused on health and how I feel, not just the number on the scale.
Back to top Go down
margo

margo

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:21 pm

I hear ya Steph. I can't wait to read the piece you are writing for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dayna

Dayna

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:34 pm

The food sounds AWESOME Steph!! I'd sooooooooooo like to eat better, but I really don't know where I'd find the time to make the food (we only cook once-twice a week now). But if you cooked FOR ME.... Wink

I really admire you. How much you set your mind to a goal and have done SO DAMN WELL!! Awesome. Just freaking awesome ♥️
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/deleriumbliss
Karen

Karen

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:13 am

That sounds delicious Steph. I can't wait for the ad & look forward to your write up!!

What is broccoli slaw?
Back to top Go down
Steph

Steph

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am

Karen - Broccoli slaw is like cabbage/cole slaw, except it is shredded broccoli, usually with a little red cabbage and carrots thrown in. I've seen a lot of recipes for make a slaw-type dressing to go on it, but I like using it where I would have used lettuce, in sandwiches/wraps/etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I eat - an average day   What I eat - an average day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What I eat - an average day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OPERATION: POPULATION :: RECIPES :: AROUND THE KITCHEN-
Jump to: