OPERATION: POPULATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» GLUTEN FREE RECIPES!
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:04 pm by Sahar

» What I eat - an average day
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am by Steph

» Who has a Vitamix? Who has a Keurig coffee machine?
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:30 pm by Shauna

» What are you cooking this week?
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm by Steph

» Holiday baking?
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 am by Amy

» Baked Brown Rice
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:03 pm by Steph

» 5 ingredients to have on hand to make a lot of things
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:53 am by Karen

» Meal Plan 12/5-12/11
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm by margo

» The basics of Grilling!!
The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 pm by Jilly

The basics of Grilling!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jodilynn

jodilynn

The basics of Grilling!! Empty
PostSubject: The basics of Grilling!!   The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Okay so (pretty embarassing) we just bought a grill this weekend. Never owned one before so we are pretty excited. I had two questions...

What are your favorite (easy) grilling recipes? Any ideas?

And also, how do you cook your basic hamburger? Recipe? And how do you know how long to grill it? I love hamburgers but when I made them (on the stove obviously) jamelle said it just tasted like hamburg meat, and I agreed. So how to you make your basic, delish hamburger??
Back to top Go down
Jilly
Admin
Jilly

PostSubject: Re: The basics of Grilling!!   The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 pm

We make our burgers all kinds of ways and you can also get them to stick together pretty well if you mix the meat with an egg. We love grill mates seasonings and usually use some of that to pat on the burgers before we cook them. We really make them all kinds of ways though.

Unfortunately I don't actually cook on the grill, I am terrified that the propane take is going to explode like every time John starts it up so I stay well out of the way when that's going on. LOL! Paranoid, I know. Embarassed I don't know how long it takes, do you have a candy, meat thermometer?

Also - grilled corn is my fav! Soak it in it's husk in the sink for about half an hour and then grill it WITH the husk. It's sooo good!
Back to top Go down
jodilynn

jodilynn

PostSubject: Re: The basics of Grilling!!   The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Jilly, LOL! I could totally see myself being scared of the propane tank too! Jamelle bought a coal one though because he said it tastes better with coal? The basics of Grilling!! 2398211921 I dont know anything about it so I just am going with the flow.

So for the burgers you usually just use a grill mates and egg to bind it? If you could one season thats your favorite on a burger which would it be? I dont have a themometer, I'll have to add that to the list of things I need.

I totally forgot about grilling corn on the cob! Do you put a couple small slabs of butter in the husk too or just leave it as is?
Back to top Go down
Shauna

Shauna

PostSubject: Re: The basics of Grilling!!   The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 pm

I think I posted my salmon recipe somewhere here. By far my fav grilling recipe. I let Mike do all the grilling.

As for hamburgers....I usually use egg to bind them...sometimes I'll just use Montreal steak spice for seasoning. I will sometimes grate some onion and use Worcestershire sauce. Sometimes I grate cheese for in the burger (rather than a typical 'cheeseburger'). Or if you wanted to be fancy you could put a cheese 'pocket' in the patty. You could also crumble some bacon in the ground beef.

Second to plank salmon, beer can chicken is AMAZING. Take a beer (whatever you drink), crack it open, take a few swigs (about a third), and stick it up the chicken's butt. You can tripod the chicken on the beer can, or get a (cheap) fancy contraption to hold it all upright. It's been awhile but I think I normally use a can opener to open the whole top of the beer. You can add seasoning into the beer too (rosemary, thyme, garlic, s&p) and season the chicken....cook it over indirect heat until the juices run clear. SO moist and yummy.

I love corn on the grill...and asparagus, carrots, potato...when we grill we cook it all.
Back to top Go down
Jilly
Admin
Jilly

PostSubject: Re: The basics of Grilling!!   The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Okay sorry it took so long to get around to this. Saw it in the pantry and it reminded me to tell you! LOL!

The last bunch of burgers we grilled were seasoned with Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning and they were SO good! http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Seasoning-Blends/Grill-Mates-Spicy-Montreal-Steak-Seasoning.aspx

I like charcoal grilled burgers, too! YUM! They really do have that real grilled flavor, but propane burns better and is much more efficient as far as one side of the grill not getting hotter than the other or anything like that. We actually hope to get a big smoker next year. John got our current grill for his bday gift the year we bought the house. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The basics of Grilling!!   The basics of Grilling!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The basics of Grilling!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OPERATION: POPULATION :: RECIPES :: AROUND THE KITCHEN-
Jump to: